Pack a goodie-bag for your photo shoot
While not essential, a ‘goodie bag’ or ‘emergency kit’ may just save the day!
And the happier and more relaxed you are, the more genuine your smiles will be!
So whether it’s a wedding or family photo-shoot,
consider which of the following may be useful to you.
- Bite sized (preserves lipstick)
- Non-staining (think wedding dress!)
- Neutral smelling (avoid fish or garlic breath)
- Protein based and/or low GI (for longer lasting energy)
- Bananas are perfect - come in their own packaging (no sticky fingers) and are a great energy boost.
- Dehydration is an energy sapper and the fastest way to spoil the mood of a shoot, so ensure that every person is equipped with (and uses!) a sizeable water bottle.
- Avoid alcohol until the reception if possible, as it will dehydrate you even more quickly.
- Oil blotters to remove excess facial oil
- Pressed powder compact to pat down a shiny face
- If you’re retouching your makeup while sitting in the car, cover your dress with a towel to avoid getting dust on your dress!
- Compact mirror
- Brush / clips / hairspray
- Clear nail polish to minimise any stocking runs
- Anything to make your shoot more personal and more fun: parasols, golf clubs, cigars, rugby ball …
- ‘Sensible shoes’ for getting to out-of-the-way photo locations
- Plasters in case of blisters from new shoes
- Spare pair of shoes in case of really bad blisters!
- Sun block
- Insect repellent (check it’s non-staining)
- Dental floss
- Emery board
- Deodorant & perfume (travel size)
- 'Body tape' in case of wardrobe malfunction
- Wet wipes for smudges
- Safety pins and hemming tape
- Small sewing kit for tiny rips or undone hems
- Towel, to wipe feet after beach
- Breath mints for before the reception.